Here are the slides from my recent DiGRA’13 keynote, The Ambiguity of Game Studies: Observations on the Collective Process of Inventing a New Discipline, reminding folks of the intersection of Huizinga’s concept of the magic circle and Victor Turner’s concept of liminality.
- Ch 0 Introduction
- Design Exercises
- I Changing Technologies, Lasting Innovations
- II Expressive Procedural Design
- III Spatial Design Strategies
- IV Encyclopedic Resources
- V Scripting the Interactor
- VI Onward with Invention!
From MIT Press December 2011
- image... http://t.co/CkI9v4NMPc 14 hours ago
- Good companionship design example - Google search on AIRTRAN BOS to ATL yields info that delayed recent flight has landed 14 hours ago
- We Say We Like Creativity, but We Really Don’t slate.me/IV33FT 1 week ago
- In a Scoreboard of Words, a Cultural Guide, via @nytimes nyti.ms/1f7lvWq 1 week ago
- Happy to see that our humanities grads are well paid! iac.gatech.edu/news-and-event… 1 week ago