New ebook-only edition revised for 2016 with over 10,000 words of new content in the form of chapter-by-chapter commentary, with new examples and useful web links illustrative of the enduring principles of design that have been validated by multiple communities of practice — from game designers to digital journalists to VR developers — since 1997 when it first appeared, and emphasizing productive design strategies for the next phase of creative innovation.
Janet H. Murray
- Janet. H. Murray is an Associate Dean and Professor at Georgia Tech where she teaches in the Graduate Program in Digital Media and does research in interactive television .
From MIT Press December 2011
From Inventing the Medium: The Book
- Ch 0 Introduction
- Design Exercises
- I Changing Technologies, Lasting Innovations
- II Expressive Procedural Design
- III Spatial Design Strategies
- IV Encyclopedic Resources
- V Scripting the Interactor
- VI Onward with Invention!
Hamlet on the Holodeck
- techcrunch.com/2022/12/28/twi… 2 months ago
- nypost.com/2022/12/27/use… 2 months ago
- Twitter down or not working? Current status and problems | Downdetector downdetector.com/status/twitter/ 2 months ago
- RT @jradoff: 1/ I made an @UnderTale fan game using @chatgpt in a few minutes this morning. Follow this thread to learn how, along with so… 3 months ago
- I just wrote a @theactionnet letter: Tell the New York Times: Give Your Employees the Contract They Deserve!. Write… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
Hello – do you know if this is going to be released in the UK? I’d very much like to read the new edition, and it’s not available on AmazonUK.
Thanks for letting me know. Have you looked under Kindle books? You can run the Kindle eReader without buying the equipment.
I have – the US .com page http://www.amazon.com/Hamlet-Holodeck-Janet-H-Murray-ebook/dp/B014DXC05M/ref=sr_1_1_twi_kin_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460998217&sr=1-1&keywords=hamlet+on+the+holodeck carries a message that Kindle books have to be bought from Amazon UK – and the Amazon UK page doesn’t carry the kindle edition
even after a search on the title
I use the kindle app on my phone rather than the hardware, so that’s all good. Amazon does, rather sweetly, tell me that I bought the paperback on 9th May, 2000 though!
Thanks very much for the info. So sorry you are having this problem! I will look into it.
Dear Ms. Murray: I have a Kindle, but in the Amazon USA page your book appears only in paperback or hardcover formats. Thanks.
Hi Janet, Have you resolved the above query? I’m a Masters Student in South Africa and would very much like access to this book
MIT Press is bringing out a paper edition of the revised version in a month or so. I will announce it here and on Twitter when it is available. They intend to also provide an ebook but I’m not sure when.